Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another busy week

We have just finished up another busy week and our weekend is almost over. On Thursday we had parent-teacher conf. Hanna's teacher Ms. Garney just raved about Hanna. She said that she is doing great in class and she is reading above grade level. Hanna has impeccable handwriting. On the other hand Hanna is very sociable and loves to talk, but she said Hanna wouldn't be Hanna if she did not talk. She did say Hanna is trying very hard to follow the rule about talking out so that is good.

Hanna really is starting to read very well and sometime we can't get her to put a book down. She has been doing so good on her spelling test also. I think she has gotten 100% every test. They now have 10 words to learn every week and they keep getting harder.

Today was our last soccer game (we got creamed). The kids just seemed not to be into it today. It was kinda early and very cold. 3 of our kids got injured(not seriously), Hanna ended up playing the whole game and was very tired, but really stepped up. Steve was so proud of her. Steve has done a great job at coaching the kids. They all seem to really like him. He has talked me into coaching in the Spring... he will be the assistant coach. Hope I do ok.

OK, now for Madelyn. She is getting so big. She will be 4mos tomorrow. We just can't believe how chunky she is getting, especially her legs. It is just sooo cute(too cute mom-haha). Maddy has started laughing alot and always full of smiles. She is able to kinda push up on her arms while on her tummy and look around. She will start on cereal in 2wks. Steve teases Hanna saying that Maddy will get to eat Frosted Flakes. She is no longer content in her car seat when we go out. She likes to be up and looking around, she does not want to miss a thing.

Last night my mom kept both girls and they went to carve pumpkins. They got a picture of Maddy with her hand in a pumpkin. Steve and I had a night out on the town....Well at least a few hours. We ere home by 8 and Steve was asleep by 8:15. We did have a nice dinner and great dessert. I have been working out at the Y and I have limited my sweet intake to 1xwk. Last night I think I had a whole weeks worth of dessert. We went to the Melting Pot for the chocolate fondue. I pigged out...Oh well it was delicious.

Next weekend we are going to Silver Dollar City for our annual trip to see the Christmas lights. We have so much fun and this year I can ride the rides(I was pregnant last yr.). Hanna really likes our trip. I am hoping that it is not as cold at last year.

I think that finishes up the last week or so, I will post more next week. Hope you are enjoying this.

1 comment:

frogger said...

Post those halloween pics!! I wanna see them on here;)